Noodle Markets (www.noodlemarkets.com) is an education-technology company that will revolutionize procurement in K-12 schools. Our mission is to transform dramatically the way school districts and educational agencies buy products and services; to level the playing field for vendors; to spur innovation; to improve procurement processes; and to promote best practices.
Noodle Markets is seeking an Account Executive to join the Noodle Markets sales team. S/he will be a self-starter who can hit the ground running to meet and exceed sales targets. S/he will possess a deep knowledge of the K-12 education industry and will have previous experience as a procurement or purchasing director at a school or district. The right person is excited about solving the challenges of helping schools and districts getting the right products and services into the hands of teachers and students, as quickly and efficiently as possible. This position will report to the SVP of Sales.
What you will do:
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual new business sales quotas.
- Identify sales prospects for state, district, charter, and independent school sales.
- Manage state, district, charter, and independent school pipelines to meet both short- and long-term sales goals.
- Accurately forecast sales projections and anticipated results.
- Leverage dashboards and reporting to report sales results, activity, and pipeline development on a weekly basis.
- Identify opportunities, move prospects through a documented process, and effectively communicate company solutions verbally and in writing.
- Discover new leads through relationships, conferences, internet research and social media monitoring/commenting.
- Engage with prospects via web chat on the Company website.
- Maintain accurate updated account records (daily) via Salesforce CRM.
- Travel, as needed, to support successful execution of sales goals.
What you need to be successful:
- BA/BS required.
- 10+ years in sales with at least 1 year of working in a K-12 procurement or purchasing department.
- Experience in K-12 education market required.
- Start-up company experience preferred.
- Well versed in the use of technology, i.e., web-based presentations and demonstration tools, preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Experience with marketplace sales is a plus.
- Ability to build strong personal relationships with prospects, customers, and teammates.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in-person, through email, and via telephone.
- Have received training in sales techniques similar to Consultative/Strategic selling.
- Experience managing representatives with large territories requiring territory management and prioritization.
- Must have a great work ethic and be organized.
Why Noodle Markets?
- Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, long term disability coverage for all employees and dependents
- Mac or PC? You decide!
- Commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Steeply discounted gym membership to The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers
- Fully stocked break rooms with snacks and drinks