Noodle Markets (www.noodlemarkets.com) is an education technology company that will revolutionize K-12 purchasing. Our mission is to dramatically transform the way school districts and educational agencies buy products and services; level the playing field for vendors and spur innovation; and improve procurement processes and promote best practices.
Noodle Markets is seeking a full-time Director of Product Strategy who will play a lead role in helping us design innovative solutions for our K-12 purchasing platform as a member of the Noodle Markets Product Team. The Product Team is responsible for defining, guiding, and driving Noodle Markets’ future product vision and strategy. In addition to helping us design the "future of K-12 purchasing", this position will play a key role in supporting sales and marketing resources as we tailor pitches and messaging to K-12 procurement resources. This position requires direct work experience in K-12 purchasing/procurement for a school or district perspective. The right person is excited about solving the challenges of getting the right products and services into the hands of teachers and students, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer. Candidates can either work out of our NYC office or from home-based locations across the US.
What you will do:
- Lead our product development lifecycle for K-12 bid and proposal management from earliest sketches and business requirements to design and execution.
- Provide valuable input into business cases based on in-depth data analysis and insight regarding the way various decisions are likely to impact key product metrics.
- Exhibit sound product judgment and formulate product strategy with clear objectives.
- Identify resources needed, timeline, and implementation plans to ensure successful product delivery.
- Manage complex, cross-functional K-12 bid and proposal management projects that touch multiple teams and balance the sometimes competing needs of each group without sacrificing quality.
- Work closely with implementation team (designers, data architects, engineers, product marketing) to estimate, quantify, and monitor project scope, architecture and development work streams, and product quality.
- Serve as the point-person when Noodle Markets team members have questions or issues with the product roadmap, platform integrations, and launch schedules.
- Support sales and marketing in developing messaging, positioning and joining in on sales calls.
- Listens to the needs of marketers, content creators, and other procurement stakeholders and uses that knowledge to plan and build new features and integrations.
- Cultivate a metrics-driven product organization in collaboration with the Noodle Markets Executive Team.
- Understand and communicate broader implications of implementation decisions for new features.
- Drive user testing and analytics to continuously improve experience and conversion.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders/customers to maximize effectiveness and influence.
- Find solutions to complex problems and always think about ways to improve the product.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of direct experience working in a K-12 procurement office, purchasing department at a school/district or clear responsibilities as a purchaser of K-12 products for a school or district required.
- 2-3 years experience in product management a plus
- Experience with, deep knowledge of K-12 procurement, especially bid and proposal management.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive-level staff.
- Ability to create product specifications and white papers.
- Be a creative problem solver.
- Ability to act autonomously and excel in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, have a great work ethic, and be organized.
- Ability to build prototypes for user testing is a plus.
- Experience in start-up companies is a plus.
Why Noodle Markets?
- Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, long term disability coverage for all employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Commuter benefits
- Mac or PC? You decide!
- Beautiful office space at 860 Broadway (we are in the process of moving)
- Fully stocked break rooms with snacks and drinks