Noodle Markets (www.noodlemarkets.com) is an education-technology company that will revolutionize procurement in K-12 schools. Our mission is to transform dramatically the way school districts and educational agencies buy products and services; to level the playing field for vendors; to spur innovation; to improve procurement processes; and to promote best practices.
Noodle Markets is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Engineer for our Engineering Team. The Engineering Team at Noodle Markets is responsible for developing, deploying, and running the product in the cloud on Amazon Web Services.
This position will work alongside a team of software engineers with expertise in front-end, middle-tier and databases. You will need to be able to articulate the patterns and best practices that our team should utilize when structuring tests. The tests should articulate the application’s interface they are driving. You will need to identify new automation tools/processes/approaches to create, maintain, and improve automated test suites.
This position reports to the Head of Technology & Engineering.
What you will do:
- Leverage your skills and experience in the following:
- Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver and load testing tools such as JMeter or similar automated testing tools.
- Linux OS: Ubuntu (preferred), Redhat, or Centos.
- Command line Linux and shell programming.
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Identify, record, and document thoroughly; track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
What you need to be successful:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven work experience in software development.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Education industry experience is a plus.
- Be a team player!
Why Noodle Markets?
Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, long term disability coverage for all employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Commuter benefits
- Mac or PC? You decide!
- Beautiful office space in Chelsea Piers
- Steeply discounted gym membership to The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers
- Fully stocked break rooms with snacks and drinks