Noodle Markets (www.noodlemarkets.com) is an education-technology company is revolutionizing procurement in K-12 schools. Our mission is to transform dramatically the way school districts and educational agencies buy products and services; to level the playing field for vendors; to spur innovation; to improve procurement processes; and to promote best practices.
Noodle Markets is seeking a full-time Software Engineer for our Engineering Team. This position will work alongside a team of software engineers with expertise in front-end, middle-tier, databases, and quality assurance in a polyglot programming environment. It is important that regardless of which programming language or tools used or learned in the past, the Software Engineer can learn new languages and tools and utilize them effectively. Commitment to collaboration and continued growth and development is key to operating effectively on the team.
The position reports to the VP, Engineering.
What you will do:
- Leverage your skills and experience in the following:
- Linux OS: Ubuntu (preferred), Redhat, or Centos.
- Frameworks: Laravel, Flask, Tornado, or Django.
- Command line Linux and shell programming.
- Agile software engineering practices such as Scrum, TDD, Continuous Integration, automated unit and functional tests.
- Database programming with two or more of: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, and Memcached.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, CloudWatch) is a plus.
- Participate and provide leadership in the application design and development activities.
- Produce and develop software in an agile environment using modern techniques and processes, e.g., Scrum, TDD, Continuous Integration, unit testing, functional testing, configuration management, version control, bug tracking, etc.
- Work proactively to predict and minimize potential issues before they arise and resolve those that do in a timely manner.
What you need to be successful:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a full-stack developer.
- Experience developing and integrating with web services (RESTful and otherwise).
- Ability to collaborate with team members with different skills and different levels of experience.
- Strong communications skills.
- Willing and able to learn on the job.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
Why Noodle Markets?
- Competitive salary and 401K offering
- Insurance: medical, dental, vision, long term disability coverage for all employees and dependents
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Commuter benefits
- Mac or PC? You decide!
- Beautiful office space in Chelsea Piers
- Steeply discounted gym membership to The Sports Center at Chelsea Piers
- Fully stocked break rooms with snacks and drinks